Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! and some more Christmas too

On New Year's Eve we went to Blaine's mom's house to have Christmas with his mom and sister then we spent a quiet evening here at home and went to bed promptly after midnight. We got the Lego Creationary game (like Pictionary or Win, Lose or Draw but you build the word with Lego's) from Blaine's sister and it's a lot of fun and quite challenging. I got a mini pie maker from Blaine's mom and have already made several little pie's :) Blaine got one of those little remote controlled helicopters. He is flying it right now and I'm a little scared since I'm not watching where it's going. I'm scared it'll end up in my hair and also because he already chopped a hole in one of our paper lamps :| Blaine and I did Christmas to each other a couple of days after we got back from Illinois. He got me the cookie jar that I have been wanting forever and an awesome cookbook. Hints maybe? ;) I got him miscellaneous tool items. On New Year's day we worked on cleaning this wreck of a house. Between just getting back from being gone for a week and all of our new toys, this apartment was feeling smaller and smaller. We took down Christmas decorations except for the tree itself and the lights on it. It's doing so well, I just can't bring myself to throw away a perfectly good tree. Before I put the Christmas stuff back I ended up organizing the entire closet and everything fits SO much better. There are still some new gifts that don't have a place yet but it's looking much better around here. Except for the 4 loads of clean laundry that haven't been put away yet....

I love my cookie jars :)

Of course I had a helper while I organized the closet.

Currently reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. I loved this book as a kid and I still do :)

Cute little deer lights I bought at Bass Pro Shop in IL on sale, I don't think I would have paid full price. I got a note in my luggage from TSA saying they had to check the bag that these were in haha

Playing with cat nip mice from my mom

Simon loves to try to rip the ears off of the cat nip mice. This is the face of why I can't have nice things. Or why I can't put presents under the tree early. Or why I can't have plastic bags out or fuzz/cat hair on the floor because they are yummy snacks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you left space in the closet to store the cat. I sometimes put mine on the fireplace mantle.

    ReplyDelete