Tuesday, September 6, 2011

End of Summer

We're trying to do "summery" things before summer is over. A couple of weekends ago we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory then to the beach. While the drive to the beach was nice and sunny, the beach was misty and dreary. This weekend we had a day date and went mini golfing in the morning then to On The Border for lunch. They have THE BEST Margaritas and we had a buy one get on free entree coupon for Labor Day weekend! There has a wedding going on when we were mini golfing (it's at a fancy golf course) so they passed out buy one get one free rounds of mini golf for "our inconvenience" of not screaming when the wedding was going on.









This was from my birthday. Simon LOVES to eat streamers/bows/ribbon/wrapping paper/pretty much anything non-edible.


One of the things I spent my birthday money on:
That's right. I finally got her and I'm super excited :D

I was feeling extra crafty a few weeks ago and wanted to make a chalkboard to hang above the mantle. The only frame I found that I liked and was a good price had a mirror in it. So I took out the mirror, painted the back board as a chalk board and nailed that to the frame. Now I just need to find somewhere to hang the mirror! I need to go through the house and take updated pictures. Even these pictures are old news now! The chalkboard is hung, the mantle is pretty, we got new lamps at IKEA and we moved the kitchen table.

I love chevron print so when I found a set of chevron sheets at Ross for $8 I had to get them. I saw that they were twin size and decided to make them into curtains. When I got home I found out that they are polyester. MMMMM hot and itchy. Who in the world would want polyester sheets?
Notice Simon sitting below the pinata, guarding the ribbon just in case it might fall and he might get a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment