Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6 months

6 months ago I left everyone and everything that I know and love to be with the man I love. 6 months! Crazy right? So I decided to make a list of 6 things that I've learned/have come to realize since moving. I've learned way more than 6 things but lets narrow this down, no one wants to sit here that long.

6. I hate grocery shopping and cooking. I've always loved to go to the grocery store with mom but now that I'm the one that has to come up with the list and pay for it, it's not so much fun. I also hate cleaning. Like really hate it but I also hate a mess. I feel like I'm constantly cleaning and it only stays nice for a few hours

5. I love to decorate. Growing up I would rearrange my room ALL the time and now I have a whole 960 sq ft to play with! I would love to work at Pier 1 (I've applied twice and have called to check on it. Guess they don't want me) and whenever I have extra money (which is never, anymore) I always end up buying home decor.

4. Getting a job is way harder than I anticipated (as mentioned in #5).

3. Life is expensive, and most of the expense ends up being a rip off.

2. How much I've missed having a cat. Tom died just shy of two years ago and I still can't type his name without bursting out in tears. I could never replace him but I love Lily and Simon soo much! I love that they meet me at the door, sleep with me all night long and cuddle with me on the couch. I love that every time I turn the shower on Lily runs from whenever she is to sit on the toilet the whole time I'm in the shower and doesn't leave until I do. I love that they put up with me putting snuggies and santa suits on them. Blaine and I have said before that we don't feel like we're the "parents" we just see them as equals. Even though they can be the biggest butt holes they make me so incredibly happy.

1. I miss everyone TONS and TONS but I don't regret this move at all. If anyone ever wants to buy me a plane ticket or scoot on out here yourself, you are gladly welcomed to do so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment