Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Time!



We planned on getting our Christmas tree next weekend but I just couldn't wait! We went yesterday and cut ours down. I've been super excited to decorate for Christmas this year and have slowly been getting stuff over the past couple of weeks but promised Blaine that I'd wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. So I started decorating Friday night.





And to add to the things we have stuffed in Blaine's car (bikes, 6ft. scratching post, etc)



It actually fit perfectly! Blaine likes tall/big trees and I liked the "Small Firs" section of the tree farm best. I gravitate more towards the smaller trees and Blaine goes for the tall and fat trees but after we measured the car Blaine was a little restricted in height and girth. After seeing all of my selections he made a rule that the tree had to be at least as tall as me. After walking around and around we finally found one that we both agreed on.



And it's perfect and it exceeds Blaine's height requirement! :)


Back to the 6ft scratching post.. For the past couple months we've been contemplating on getting the cats one of those really big scratching post trees with different platforms for Christmas but they are expensive! Well on Black Friday Petsmart had one that we really liked for almost half price so we decided to get it. Once we got to the car in the busy Petsmart/Best Buy parking lot in the rain we realized it was not going to fit in our car. We tried folding down the seats and putting it through the trunk then in the backseat and out the window. Blaine ending up unscrewing the base then putting it in the trunk and through the backseat and it still had to stick out of the truck a little bit. The extra large scratching post is now in the spare room and is wrapped in blankets so the cats can't see what it is. I think I'm just as, if not more, excited to give the cats their gift as I am to give anyone else theirs!

The lack of blogs lately is due to the fact that I've been so busy and my internet is extremely unreliable. I'm a vendor at a craft bazaar on Wednesday and I have my Mary Kay open house on Friday. After this week I hope to blog more. Although after this week it's time to kick up the job search again.

No comments:

Post a Comment