Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More new things!

Now that I posted a picture of the rearranged living room I've switched things up again. I just can't seem to find an arrangement that I love. This weekend we FINALLY got curtains for the living room and new dressers! Woo!! Thank you IKEA! Blaine said our house is turning into an IKEA house and I realized it's true. The majority of our house is furnished/decorated by IKEA, Pier 1 and random vintage/hand me down items.

I like to take panoramic pictures, it shows the space better. I just need to go back through the apartment and take new pictures. A looot has changed! (yes I know how to make a bed but Simon loves to get under the covers and sleep)
We are going to hang the mirror eventually. I'm just super excited to have a dresser! Blaine was taking up all of the other one except one drawer. And it was really tiny. All I could fit in there were socks and underwear and not even all of those fit. I know that some of you (mom) that are reading this aren't surprised. So now I have a nice biiiig drawer for all of my underpants! Yay!!

New curtains!! They were in the As-Is section of a IKEA where display/broken/discontinued furniture is. We can't find anything wrong with them except maybe a few marks if you look really close. I don't know if they were display or not because they are really clean. Maybe someone bought them then returned them.

Isn't she super cute? She's so little and her pants are so big. She is definitely getting her winter fluff.
A couple days ago she had gotten into some fat that I drained from the meatloaf pan and it made her kind of sick. She never GOT sick but she layed around for most of the day and just wanted to be covered up. We felt super bad for her so I got out a fleece blanket for her and were even bought her a snuggie. She will wear it for a limited amount of time but would rather just be covered up with it.
I better get back to cleaning. I guess in Washington it's a law that landlords/apartment managers have to do a yearly inspection of all of their units and ours is tomorrow. The notice said they are coming between 9-4 and since we are about right in the middle of the complex they will probably come in the middle of the day but I want to get everything done today.

3 comments:

  1. ahh i need a dresser SO bad! i am way jealous! looks good katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael! There is still a ton of decorating that I want to do. I needed a dresser SUPER bad too! Everything that I would normally have put in drawers was stacked in the top of the closet where I could barely reach it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yeah, my closet is overflowing with dirty laundry right now. im pretty sure I have nothign to wear tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete