Monday, September 27, 2010

Always Stand Over the Drop Cloth

This weekend we painted an accent wall in the living room and put up a mantel! Blaine's dad is painting his house and asked us if we wanted his mantel and we said sure. At first we were just going to paint the mantel but then I decided that I wanted to paint the whole wall AND the mantel. The color isn't perfect is any of the pictures. It either look way too light or too dark. We got all of the painting done on Saturday then Blaine's dad came over on Sunday to help us put up the mantel.

After I moved everything and before we painted


The drop cloth is so fun and crinkly!


But they both soon got sent to the spare room.


I was in charge of edging



Blaine's job was to roll


Some of us don't need step stools. (How do you like Blaine's hair? I've taken over cutting his hair, I think I'm more nervous than he is!)


Ta da! (the wall looks REALLY light here)


Stood next to it for height reference


This picture does the best in showing the "true" color of the wall. We love it!


Painting is exhausting


4 comments:

  1. I love it too! and all the help you had must have really helped. ;) It really pulls the room together and makes it so warm. Good for you kids! And i love the pumpkin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New paint, a mantel, AND fluffy kitty tummy! Could it get any better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the wall!!!! Very pretty!!! And just think...you could have had cats that color, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Makes me want to paint more :)We almost had the cats that color. They would not of been happy if they would of needed a bath. They are currently chasing each other around my living room.

    ReplyDelete